It is our first wedding anniversary next week. My husband is a git of a computer geek so he requested some vouchers so he can buy a new gaming equipment. I wanted to also get him something he can enjoy straight away and as both myself and my husband are massive foodies I decided to get him The XL Man Box from Ross and Ross.
Ross & Ross is a small, multi award winning fine food company based in the Cotswolds. It specializes in Wedding & Event Catering and Handmade British food gifts. The company has just won 2 stars in The Great Taste Awards for their BBQ Salt and The Cotswold Pig-the beer that goes into a lot of the hampers. In addition, Ross and Ross won some other awards including:
- Winner of ‘Gift of the Year’ Food & Drink Award 2017 (Homemade Curing Kit, Salmon)
- Finalists of Best Independent Retailer Award at the Cotswold Life Food & Drink Awards 2017
The owners Ross Bearman and Ross Whitmill share a passion for great British food. They have worked in the fine food industry for over 15 years. Their website offers a range of fine-food gift boxes and last year they expanded the popular Man Box collection to include a cider variety in addition to launching The Homemade Curing Kit.
Who are the boxes for?
The boxes are suitable for any male that enjoy a quality food and beverage. Ross & Ross range ranges from themed Father’s Day and Wedding boxes (for Ushers, Best Man, Father of the Bride) to generic boxes suitable for any occasion.
I decided to get my husband The XL Man Box described on the website as:
‘It’s BIG, it’s spicy and totally separates the men from the boys.’
The XL Man Box contains:
- Premium Cotswold Lager, 5.0% 330ml Made by The Cotswold Brewing Co, Bourton on the Water. A smooth, subtle lager with a soft, fruity flavour. Additive free, preservative free and unpasteurised for the freshest, truest possible taste.
- Cotswold Pig Ale, 4.4%, 500ml Made by Stratford-upon-Avon Brewery
- British Charcuterie 100g – Original Salami Made by the Cotswold Curer, Cirencester. Artisan producer of salami and chorizo made from locally sourced free range pork in the Cotswolds.
- British Charcuterie 100g – Spicy Chorizo Made by the Cotswold Curer, Cirencester. Artisan producer of salami and chorizo made from locally sourced free range pork in the Cotswolds.
- Mr Trotter’s Great British Crackling – Original 60g Pork Scratchings made from 100% prime British pork skin from the finest British pigs.
- Mr Trotter’s Great British Crackling – Jalapeno Chilli 60g Pork Scratchings made from 100% prime British pork skin from the finest British pigs.
- Plum Chutney 115g jar Slow cooked Cotswold plums with spices and apples. A great all-rounder for cheeses and terrines.
All Ross & Ross boxes are reasonably priced and offer a great selection of gifts ranging from £20-40.
Please refer to the website for more details.