As some of you might know, I have recently visited Cologne for a romantic weekend break with my husband. We decided to book an Afternoon Tea experience inspired by Pierre Hermé.
Pierre Hermé’s Afternoon Tea is exclusively available at Excelsior Hotel Ernst. The hotel is situated in the historic Old Town center of Cologne.
Afternoon Tea is served daily from 3 p.m. until 6 p.m. It is very popular so you should reserve your table in advance.
We were staying at the Excelsior Hotel Ernst and as we wanted to do some sightseeing during the day we booked it for 5 p.m. The Afternoon Tea is served in the Piano Bar as well as a lounge area overlooking the cathedral. We were welcomed by a smiley Tea Master who kindly took us to our table.
The atmosphere was charming and offered us a romantic setting to our Afternoon Tea experience. I loved its chic and elegant décor. There was relaxing music playing in the background. Our Tea Master was friendly and exceptionally attentive.
Once we were seated, we were given a tea menu and we started assessing our Afternoon Tea options. We started our Afternoon Tea with a glass of Duval Leroy Brut Champagne and ordered some Green Tea and Jasmin Pearls teas afterwards.
A few minutes after we finished sipping our delicious Champagne our stand of sweet and savoury treats arrived.
I loved how they were all presented.
Our treats included:
- Warm selection of plain homemade scones, served with some clotted cream and homemade preserves.
- A selection of small sandwiches with smoked salmon, cucumber, cream cheese and ham.
- English crumpets and small brownies.
- Signature Pierre Hermé’s world famous macarons.
The dress code at Excelsior Hotel Ernst is smart.
I decided to wear one of my black dresses from Wallis and paired it with some Dior heels.
I loved every minute of our Afternoon Tea experience at Excelsior Hotel Ernst. Pierre Hermé’s world famous macarons were a pleasure both to my eyes and palate and all other treats were delicious. If you fancy a relaxing afternoon in a beautiful surroundings then you should definitely try it.
There are 2 versions of Pierre Hermé’s inspired Afternoon Tea available:
- €34.00 per person including a pot of tea and a selection of Afternoon Tea classics.
- €44.00 per person “Royal Afternoon Tea” including a pot of tea, a selection of Afternoon Tea classics and a glass of Duval Leroy Brut Champagne.
For more information and to book visit:
Excelsior Hotel Ernst
50667 Cologne, Germany