Have you ever wished that you could instantly undo overindulgence? I have definitely done that in the past. Unfortunately, it is not that easy. If you read my blog regularly, you would know that I have recently returned from my honeymoon. During my time in Asia, I worked out only a couple of times and honestly, I was eating everything I fancied as it was a trip of my lifetime.
Getting more active and starting to exercise again can be challenging sometimes, thus I put a few simple steps that you can all follow to maximise your chances of sticking to your healthy routine. This approach worked for me and I hope that it will also help you to stick to your healthy routine.
- Find an exercise routine that works for you and you enjoy.
It doesn’t matter what it is: yoga, gym, walking just put any activity you enjoy in your routine, schedule it and go for it. I love my strength and power sessions at my gym and I attend them at least 3 times a week if my busy schedule at work allows it. Try to wake up earlier and start your day being active. I actually got used to getting up at 5:30 and having my workouts before work. When I arrive at my office, I am normally already fully awake, my endorphins are at their highest level and I am ready to rock!
- Set realistic goals
When I was younger, I was quite often disappointed that the goal I worked toward didn’t materialise as soon as I would wish it to do. In order to see the results, you need to stay on track and what I like to personally do is to set both short-term and long-term objectives. Try doing a challenge for 2 / 4/ 8 weeks and don’t forget to set milestones where you review your progress.
- Track your progress
Buy any activity tracking device that could help you to stick to your objectives. I’ve tried quite a few of them as you probably know fitness trackers come in all shapes and forms, have different features and are design to fit all price categories. I currently have a Garmin tracker and I like it as it tracks my sleep, steps, physical activity etc. -standard features of many other fitness trackers.
- Find a buddy
It is great to start your getting back into fitness journey with a friend or a colleague so you can both motivate each other and make sure that you stay on track.
- Think different – Electric Bikes!
There comes that time in everyone’s exercise regime where they want something different or some variety. Electric bikes are perfect for those who wish to pedal manually or can be used as extra assistance with the electric motor and so perfect for anyone who needs to ease themselves into fitness this year. Visit Fenetic Wellbeing website for more details.
- Don’t give up and enjoy it!
The key to succeed is to never give up. I am quite active and I am trying to be healthy however like all of you I have my weak points. I am a massive foodie and if I wasn’t working out I would probably be massive now! You need to be realistic with your goals and at the same time enjoy your life so when you go out for a meal have what you like but make sure that you balance your diet and eat less day after. I never say ‘no’ to a sticky toffee pudding but at the same time I know my limits and I try not to have it too often. Having a ‘cheat day’ once a week when you indulge or have a treat is ok as long as you stay on track and limit it to I.e. weekly not a daily activity.
In order to stay on track I got involved in #FeneticFitness. Fenetic Wellbeing are a mobility company who exist to provide customers with the right healthcare and mobility products for their individual needs. #FeneticFitness’s aim is to help ease and encourage people back into exercise. The campaign is inspired by January being the time that people tend to detox, make New Year resolutions and think ahead to getting fit for summer. So what are you waiting for? Join #FeneticFitness today and enter a competition to win.
From 2nd of February until 14th of February my followers from UK can win a MISFIT Shine 2 Activity Tracker in Rose Gold if they follow @1stclasslounge on Twitter (mandatory). All followers can also get the additional entries by using the Rafflecopter. Winner will be announced on the 14th of February on Twitter. The prize will be send by 2ndclass recorded delivery. This giveaway is running in collaboration with Fenetic Wellbeing.
You can enter the competition using the Rafflecopter below:
Terms and Conditions:
- The competition is run on Twitter by Firstclasslounge.net
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The competition is open ONLY to residents of Great Britain aged 18 and over as at the time of the competition opening. Failure to comply with any part of this clause will disqualify the respective entry from the competition. Prize will not be posted outside of Great Britain.
- Only one entry per person per weekly prize draw competition will be accepted.
- Each entrant shall enter the prize draw via Rafflecopter and follow @1stclasslounge.
- In order to get additional entries please use Rafflecopter. Obscene or inappropriate entries will not be accepted and FirstClassLounge.net reserves the right to reject any entries for any reason at its sole discretion.
- The winning prize is a MISFIT Shine 2 Activity Tracker in Rose Gold.
- The promoter (FirstClassLounge.net) will not be liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the prize draw competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- These terms and conditions and the competition prize draw are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- This promotion is in not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Twitter or any other Social Network.
- The promoter’s decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s twitter username will be posted on Twitter by @1stclasslounge after the winner has been selected.
Good luck everyone!
What are your getting back to fitness tips?